Friday, January 22, 2010

TV Tarot Practice

Melanie Parker, creator of the My Magical Journey website offered to share this blog post on how to practice the Tarot. I found it to be an interesting idea, and will try it sometime.

TV Tarot Practice

Are you looking for a way to practice tarot reading that is easy, fun, and involves watching TV? I just read a great idea from Sandy Anastasi’s book, Tarot Reader’s Workbook. (If you’re looking for a tarot book, her book is excellent!)

Before you begin watching a show, choose a character and do a tarot reading for what will happen to him/her throughout the episode. Then, watch it and see how you did! This can also be done with movies and books. I can’t wait to try this out!

I think it would also be helpful to do readings on shows you’ve already watched. Then you can see how certain events are portrayed in the cards. I do this with real-life situations as well. If there’s something big in the news or my life that has happened, I do a reading and ask to be shown how this event would have been portrayed in a tarot reading.

Happy Tarot Reading!

check out her website at: http://www.mymagicaljourney.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment